Acceptable Proof of Residence Documents
- Your current and complete name
- Your current and complete residential address
- A visible account or document number (if applicable)
- A current and valid Wisconsin driver’s license.
- A current and valid Wisconsin identification card.
- Any other official identification card or license issued by a Wisconsin governmental body or unit.
- Any identification card issued by an employer in the normal course of business and bearing a photo of the card holder, but not including a business card.
- A real estate tax bill or receipt for the current year or the year preceding the date of the election.
- A gas, electric or telephone service statement (utility bill) for the period commencing not earlier than 90 days before Election Day.
- A bank, credit card, or other account statement issued by any financial institution.
- A check or other document or official correspondence issued by a unit of government (this includes official mail from a public high school or state college or university, such as MPS or UW-Milwaukee).
- A university, college, or technical college identification card (must include photo) ONLY if the voter provides a fee receipt dated within the last 9 months or the institution provides a certified housing list to the municipal clerk.
- A residential lease which is effective for a period that includes the registration date (cannot be used when registering by mail)
**Please note: you are able to redact (black out) private information such as account balances or transactions on your proof of residence document. However, the last four (4) digits of your account number (if applicable), name and address must remain visible.
For examples, see the Wisconsin Election Commission Proof of Residence Guide.