Get news and updates from the Village of Bayside in your inbox weekly! Sign Up for the Bayside Buzz!

Can DPW come remove an EAB infected tree on my property?

First, the Village would need to see if the tree is in the right-of-way. The right-of-way is generally 10-15 feet back from the road, but varies throughout the Village. If the tree is on the right-of-way, the tree belongs to the Village of Bayside and Department of Public Works will remove it. If any of the tree is on private property, the Department of Public Works will not cut down the tree and the resident will need to remove the tree.

Close window