FAQ Topic: Information

How do burglars break into homes?

These are the most common points of entry for home break-ins: Front door: 34% of burglars twist the doorknob and walk right in. First-floor window: 23% use a first-floor open window to break into your home. Back door: 22% come in through the back door. Garage doors: 9% gain entrance through the garage. Basement: 4% … Continued

Are sex offenders living near me?

Sex Offenders have always lived in our communities, but it was not until the passage of the registration law in 1997 that law enforcement was authorized to notify the public of a sex offender’s whereabouts. Furnishing the public with information regarding convicted sex offenders is a critical step towards encouraging the public to develop constructive … Continued

What do you do if your car is sliding on ice?

Rear-wheel skid: If your back wheels are the ones that have gone out on you, gently turn your wheel in the direction you are sliding while taking your foot off the accelerator – but do not brake. Front-wheel skid: If your front wheels begin to slide, take your foot off the accelerator and allow the … Continued

What is a juvenile crime?

Generally, under Wisconsin law, juveniles commit delinquent acts, not crimes. Criminal complaints (criminal charges) are not brought in the juvenile system. Rather, a delinquency petition is filed alleging the crime. Likewise, young adults who are found guilty are not “convicted” in juvenile court; they are adjudicated delinquent. Rather than facing the potential for jail time, … Continued

How do I know what myBlue sector I live in?

The Police Department wants to get you connected with your own “personal Police officer” so that you can ask questions and learn more about what happens in Bayside and at the Police Department. The Village is divided into eight sectors, each with its own myBlue Sector Officer. To view where you live and who you … Continued

How do I obtain a copy of a police report or other record?

Requests for copies of police reports, accident reports, or other police records are made directly to the Police Department by filling out a Public Open Records Request form and submitting it to the Police Department. The form is available online or can be completed in-person at the Police Department. Once received, the form is reviewed … Continued

How do I do a background check on myself?

You must make the request in person or send a notarized request to the Police Department. The Bayside Police Department is only able to provide a background report on activity that occurred in Bayside. If you would like a background report for activity out of Bayside, go to the Wisconsin Online Record Check System at … Continued

Close window