Get news and updates from the Village of Bayside in your inbox weekly! Sign Up for the Bayside Buzz!

FAQ Topic: Yard Maintenance

Can DPW come and cut my grass?

No, the Department of Public Works does not mow any private land. In the event of a property maintenance violation, the Village will make arrangements for the grass to be cut.

How do I get my branches or brush picked up?

Branches up to 6 inches in diameter and no longer than 5 feet in length may be placed at the edge of the road for collection. Branches should be neatly stacked, and cuts ends parallel to the road. Piles bigger than 5’x5’x10′ require a Special Pick-Up.

When can I rake leaves to the side of the road?

In the fall, leaves must be raked into a single pile at the side of the road. Please do not mix leaves with other yard waste or rake leaves into the road. Piles that include material other than leaves WILL NOT be collected. 

Close window