Opened in May 2011, the Bayside Communications Center provides emergency dispatch/911 services for Bayside, Brown Deer, Fox Point, Glendale, River Hills, Shorewood, Whitefish Bay, and the North Shore Fire Department.
Being a consolidated dispatch center allows for service level improvements, cost savings, and technological advancements.
Service Level Improvements
- Reduction or elimination of 911 call transfers
- Reduced response times
- Reduction of possible human/technology errors
- Quicker call processing times, resulting in faster on-scene times for emergency personnel
- Standardized training, management, and enhanced communication
- Elimination of redundant and expensive technology
- Ability to effectively and efficiently handle an increase in cellular based 911 calls
- Implementation of Next Generation 911