Get news and updates from the Village of Bayside in your inbox weekly! Sign Up for the Bayside Buzz!

FAQ Topic: Forestry

Does the Village come out to see if a tree is on my property?

The Village will make a determination if a tree is in the right-of-way. If it is not in the right-of-way, the survey can help determine if it is on the property. Sometimes there are metal stakes slightly under the ground at the corners of the property.

Can DPW come remove an EAB infected tree on my property?

First, the Village would need to see if the tree is in the right-of-way. The right-of-way is generally 10-15 feet back from the road, but varies throughout the Village. If the tree is on the right-of-way, the tree belongs to the Village of Bayside and Department of Public Works will remove it. If any of … Continued

Close window