The Village performs its own snow removal. Several factors figure into how snow/ice is treated. Please view the Village’s snow removal policy.
- Salting will occur on a situational basis and often will be applied prior to actual snowfall.
- Plowing will begin when accumulation reaches approximately 3 inches.
- If your mailbox has been damaged from snow removal, please report it through Access Bayside. The Village is not responsible for mailboxes with pre-existing damage.
A few notes with regard to snow removal:
- Village crews may apply anti-icing liquid to Village streets depending upon future forecasts. This liquid is applied directly to bare streets.
- Salt is applied only as needed on main streets, curves, and intersections. Secondary streets receive minimal salt placement to reduce financial and environmental impacts.